2016 is of course a BIG election year with a Presidential election happening in November.
For the primary election in May, we have made limited endorsements, mostly in open seats or contested primaries. We chose to weigh in where we think there is a clear choice for voters who share our values and policy priorities. This summer we will move forward with our full endorsement process for general election candidates. So check back before you vote in November!
Here are the candidates we have endorsed for the May primary (last day to turn in your ballot is Tuesday, May 17th).
1 | Statewide Offices
- Governor: Kate Brown
- Secretary of State: Brad Avakian (our take & his campaign web site)
- State Treasurer: Tobias Reed
- Attorney General: Ellen Rosenblum
2 | Oregon State Legislature
- District 21: Kathleen Taylor
House of Representatives
- District 14: Green light to both Julie Fahey & James Manning
- District 30: Janeen Sollman
- District 41: Karin Power
- District 43: Roberta Phillips-Robbins (our take & her campaign web site)
- Distrct 51: Janelle Bynum
3 | Local
City of Eugene
City of Portland
Multnomah County Commission
- District 3: Jessica Vega Pederson
4 | U.S. Congress
- Senate: Ron Wyden
- House of Representatives: Suzanne Bonamici