We choose the candidates we endorse and support with great care. After all, if we’re giving them (y)our money or our endorsement, we want to be very sure that we support candidates who have the strongest potential to be champions for Oregon families. In addition to being strong on the issues that matter to us, the candidate we support financially must meet several of these more political criteria:
- They are real leaders on our issues, people who will focus on moving bills on our key issues through the legislature that will truly improve the wellbeing of mothers and families in our state.They have a real chance of winning.
- They are in a competitive race that requires more money to win.
- Our financial support could help them secure leadership positions.
- They need early funding to gain momentum, endorsements, and additional funds.
Our process: The candidates we endorse must complete a questionnaire where they outline their positions on a number of key family-friendly policy issues (you’ll find our 2014 priority issues here). Candidates who receive a financial contribution are also interviewed by our candidate committee.
- Click here for out November 2014 candidate endorsements.
- Click here for our November 2014 statewide ballot measure endorsements.
Being on our email list guarantees that you’re among the first to know what we’re up to. Just add your name here.